24 March 2020
MOONEH LLC FOOD DELIVERY SAFETY & HYGIENE POLICY & PROCEDURES DURING THIS TIME TO PREVENT INFECTION & SPREAD OF COVID-19
To Our Valued Customers and Employees:
In cooperation with Department of Health and Authority (DHA) and Dubai Municipality (DM), and as a precautionary measure, we have further tightened our hygiene and safety policies & procedures. As ever, our guiding principle is to keep our customers and team members safe. To achieve this, we have taken several actions to maximize our protection against COVID19 – Corona Virus.
It is mandatory that all kitchen staff members and food handlers follow these procedures at all times:
- Before entering the facility – at the receiving area - it is mandatory to sanitize your hands and your shoes by spraying the Municipality approved disinfectant. Then please wear the disposable shoe cover.
- When entering the kitchen, immediately wash your hands according to handwashing instructions, with soap and water for no less than twenty seconds. Use the hand sanitizer after each wash. Handwashing is to be carried out every 30 minutes.
- Once the hands are washed, please wear the gloves and sleeves. Dispose these at every handwash.
- Wearing disposable gloves, facial mask, shoe cover, hair net and sleeves is mandatory at all times. It MUST be done once you enter the kitchen and before you start handling any food.
- Gloves must be changed after each hand wash and after each food preparation. Dispose the one used immediately after use.
- Non-Kitchen Staff and team members are not authorized to go inside the Kitchen. Only kitchen staff members and food handlers can touch anything related to food preparation and food delivery.
- All surfaces are to be washed, cleaned and disinfected regularly. At least once every 1 hour, and after each use.
- All floors will be cleaned and disinfected every two hours.
- Always check if the temperature of our room for dried items is accurate and that the food containers compartment is clean and disinfected at all times.
- Food containers are disposable, one use only, and cannot be reused and must be properly disposed of once done.
- Make sure the food container that we are using is properly sealed for each order.
- Sanitized the food bag for delivery before putting the food inside.
- Once the food delivery order is ready to go out of the kitchen, make sure that it is handed to the ready delivery driver.
- The driver must have finished all sanitization procedures of himself and the delivery vehicle before receiving the food.
It is mandatory that all Delivery members follow these procedures at all times without fail:
- Before receiving the food for delivery, it is mandatory to sanitize your shoes by spraying disinfectant chemical before wearing shoe cover. Cover your shoes before entering the facility.
- Before taking the delivery order make sure to wash your hands with soap and water according to the handwashing instructions for no less than 20 seconds. Dry your hands well and sanitize them using the hand sanitizer after each hand wash.
- Once cleaned and sanitized, wear the disposable gloves and sleeves and then receive the ready to deliver order.
- Place the order in the right delivery container according to heat requirements. Place the container in the cleaned and sanitized delivery vehicle.
- Once inside the car, dispose the gloves used to open the door in the designated disposal bag, then seal the disposal bag and sanitize your hands with the sanitizer.
- Once at the destination, wear new gloves, face mask and deliver the order to the customer.
- Do not get close to the customers, keep a safe distance.
- Let the customers tap their own cards on the card machine. Ask them if they wish to receive a receipt or not.
- Once done with the delivery to customer, dispose the gloves and sanitize your hands again in the car.
- Once back at the facility, sanitize the vehicle again, and sanitize the delivery container ready for the next delivery.
- Also make sure to sanitize the POS machine after each delivery before handing out to next customer.
- Make sure to clean and sanitize the vehicle and food containers with the municipality approved disinfectant after each delivery.
- It is a must to have the following inside your vehicle (Hand Sanitizer, Face Masks, Hand Gloves, Hair Net, Shoes cover and Sleeves and a disposal bag for disposing used materials).
- Make sure to change your hand gloves after each delivery.
- Procedure in hand sanitizing should also be done after each delivery.
- Maintain enough distance and avoid any physical contact as much as possible. It is important to use hand gloves at each delivery and properly dispose of them right after usage. The procedure of hand sanitizing must be done accordingly.
Your well-being is our number one priority. With simple but effective steps like these, we are confident we can all help to keep you safe and curb the spread of COVID-19.
MOONEH LLC Management